Everything I know about football, I learned from Tecmo Bowl.
- Walter Payton is the greatest football player of all time.
- Bo Jackson’s career was cut way too short.
- Lawrence Taylor was the most dominant defensive player in the history of football.
- Chicago is awesome when they have a great running back and a dominant middle linebacker.
- Special teams can win or lose a ball game (the ability to block extra points by choosing the second guy on the line from the top with Chicago, is an extreme advantage).
- A good tight end can bail you out of a lot of problems (especially when calling Pass 2 with Chicago).
- Tackling with one man is good, tackling with two or more is better. And when tackling, it is very risky to leave your feet.
- Nothing is more embarassing on a football field that getting thrown into the air by your opponent.
- You need a balanced offense – If your plays are 3:1 in favor of passing, it is too easy to shut you down, no matter how great your quarterback is (sorry San Francisco and Miami).
- Halftime shows are always too long.
- There is nothing wrong with a high-five after a touchdown.
Any more things you learned from Tecmo Bowl?