I’ve spent a lot of time the last few nights working improving the connectivity and marketability of this blog. I have accomplished a lot, and am hoping to push The Fat Pastor to new levels of traffic with all the work that I’ve done. Here’s all the new gadgets I’ve been working on:
- The tagline. Inspired by Dr. Minor Myers, I have added the tag line “Striving to live well and do good.” It is the mission statement of this blog.
- The logo. It incorporates a new color scheme (blue and tan), the name, tagline, and html address into a 200×200 frame, which is usable in a lot of social media pages.
- The Facebook Page and badge. On the right sidebar you will see the logo as a Facebook badge. Click on it, and you will be a follower of the Fat Pastor on facebook. You will receive updates when there are new posts, as well as occasional status updates (and tweets!). As of now, I only have 15 followers. I need you, the readers, to increase that. Invite your friends to “Like” the Fat Pastor.
- The Twitter page and badge. If you are into twitter, you can follow the Fat Pastor on twitter. It took me a few hours, but I finally linked the FB page with the Twitter account. Right now I have three followers. One total stranger. My wife, and Mike Slaughter (one of my pastoral heroes).
- The Email Subscription. If you want to get an email when I finish a post, you can subscribe at the bottom of the page.
- The only thing left to do is to buy the domain http://www.fatpastor.com. It doesn’t look like anyone is using it right now, but someone else owns it, so it will cost more than the usual $10 at godaddy. Oh well.
So there, the Fat Pastor has now reached 2009. I’m proud of the work that I’ve done, and I’m proud of this page. I hope you enjoy, and share it with friends.
Robb (The Fat Pastor)